The Industrial Trail (Kukleny)
The Kukleny trail leads across the borough of Kukleny, which was an independent town until 1942. From the late 19th century, industry accumulated there. The trail starts behind the railway track near the complex of the former Škoda Works factory, which was nationalized after 1948. The next stop is the agricultural vocational school designed by Theodor Petřík and Karel Roštík in 1913. In 1915, Theodor Petřík changed the project, inspired by Cubism, and after WWI, he and his wife Milada Pavlíková-Petříková added arc features to the building. Another object is Oldřich Smetana’s house designed by Czech-German architect Kurt Spielmann in 1936. Then the trail leads past the office building of Josef Seyfried’s tanning factory and the Novotný Brothers’ tanning factory, which is the last reminder of the former industrial fame of Kukleny. The trail ends at the Kukleny cemetery, where you can also see the grave of painter Bohumil Kubišta designed by František Bílek. The architectural highlight of the trail, however, is the funeral hall designed by Oldřich Liska in the style of modern classicism.