Address: Pražská třída 94, Kukleny, Hradec Králové
GPS: 50.2060853, 15.7969264
Date: 1915– (P) 1915 (R)
Architect: Josef Pleskot
Investor: Františka Pleskotová
In 1915, the construction of the Pleskot family’s terraced house in Pražská třída Street in the town of Kukleny was completed. The house was designed by architect Josef Pleskot, the husband of Františka Pleskotová. The building is situated on a plot of land bordered by the Elbe River and the main street.
For the building permit, precise conditions had to be met so that the aesthetics of the main street in Kukleny would not be disturbed. These conditions included, for example, the exact height of the floors, which had to match those of the neighboring house No. 93, as well as the height of the first floor windows and the doors. The main cornice had to be exactly the same height as the neighboring one so that the row of houses formed one line. The windows and doors in the frontage had to open inwards. Other requirements included, for example, proper ventilation in the kitchen areas.
The building was constructed in a mixed style, with elements of classicism and decorativism. The architectural concept is based on the restrained interaction of simple geometric shapes and the use of fine building materials that define the appearance of the building. The façade is articulated by cornices and decorative pilasters with a cannelure. The bay window, to which two balconies are connected, is the most prominent feature. Another distinctive feature is the two dormer windows, also decorated with two pilasters. The dormer on the left is connected to the balcony above the bay window. The house consists of the ground floor, first floor, attic and cellars. On each floor there are three rooms of approximately equal size.
The house belonged to the Pleskot family until the so-called nationalization when it became the property of Okresní bytový podnik Hradec Králové (District Housing Company Hradec Králové); in 1989 it became the property of the Pleskot family again. The current proprietor, who has been the owner since 1995, had an annex building built in 2003, which now houses a veterinary clinic. The annex was designed by architect Zdeněk Kozub and its appearance, with elements such as windows and square shapes, refers to the original family house. However, it differs significantly in the material solution of the façade, which is partially clad with exposed masonry. Both buildings together have a built-up area of 926 m2. The structural frames are made of brick and stone. The house is in good condition and retains elements of the original design.
No means of protection have been registered.